-
January 14th, 2004, 12:58 AM
#1
Inactive Member
What is correct set up for an isolated ground system for computer plugs ? How do you set it up in the panel ? I was shown a way to do it but I am not convinced it's right. Can someone out there help me?
-
January 14th, 2004, 01:28 AM
#2
HB Forum Owner
The insulated bonding (isolated ground) conductors can be kept isolated from the equipment enclosures back to the main distribution panel, but no farther. 10-906 (8)
Ed
Example-
-
January 14th, 2004, 01:56 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Ed: What do you do if the service is 600V, do you still bring the I.G. back to the main distribution panel, or can you bring the I.G. back to the X0 of the 600-120/208V transformer?
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 13, 2004 09:59 PM: Message edited by: ccrash ]</font>
-
January 14th, 2004, 03:20 AM
#4
HB Forum Owner
Yes, as you suggested, you bring the I.G. back to the X0 of the 600-120/208V transformer?
The basic principle is that you can keep them isolated back to the point where their supply system's grounding electrode conductor and equipment bonding conductors are connected to the system's neutral.
Ed
-
January 14th, 2004, 03:26 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks